Welcome

I'm Michelle and I'm an alcoholic.

This blog is a place for me to share my journey as a woman in recovery. I grew up in a violent, alcoholic home and developed my own addictions in my teens. Booze and pot were my drugs of choice, but I've taken all kinds of drugs. I got clean and sober on February 14th, 2009. I write with the hope that others might see themselves in my story.

I am in my 30s, married, and have two young children. I like visiting galleries and museums, chatting with friends over a cup of tea, working the 12 steps of AA, talk radio, documentaries, reading and writing. I also have strong interests in personal growth, health, nutrition, spiritual studies and photography.

Please feel free to introduce yourself! You can drop a comment on this post or email me via the "Contact Me" link. I'd love to hear your feedback and offer/receive support and encouragement. After all, that's what this program is all about -one alcoholic reaching out to another.

Thanks for visiting,
Michelle

4 Comments:

Lisa H August 12, 2011 at 10:57 PM  

Hi Michele

Thank you so much for sharing this site. I don't remember where I came across it, but I had saved it to my favorites for a time like now, and I'm glad I did. I keep seeing your anniversary date. Mine is February 14, 2011. I read your post on the first step and liked that you explained how craving is different from the obsession and compulsion. I have a clear understanding of how that works now. Makes sense. Anyways, I'll be checking back often, and reading more of your knowledge. Thank you for being here. Lisa

Michelle August 13, 2011 at 8:39 PM  

Isn't St. Valentine's Day a great sober date? No better way to love yourself and others :)

And thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. You're sweet!

Anonymous,  November 20, 2014 at 8:45 AM  

Just a note to thank you for creating this inspirational forum!
Reese

Anonymous,  November 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM  

Just a note to thank you for creating this inspirational forum!
Reese

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP