Another Big Milestone

This month has been a month of blessings. Not only did I give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl but I also picked up my one year chip at AA. On February 14th, the day of love, I celebrated one year of clean and sober living! How's that for loving yourself? Wow. I can hardly believe it's been a year. And yet, that old way of living seems so foreign to me now. How could I have made myself so miserable for so long when freedom was just a breath away? Surrender is golden.

The women at my home group were so generous when I finally showed up on Monday to pick up my chip. They had a cake and card for me and even had some gifts for baby Kathleen who I brought along to show off. I just love my women-only, AA home group. It's full of wise and wonderful spirits, broken hearts and wounded healers. My true self shines through in the rooms of AA. I am not keeping up appearances or revealing cherry-picked parts of myself. I am whole and complete in my brokenness and I am accepted as just another Bozo on the bus. That's not to say I don't get anxious or self-conscious by times. I do. But I know they do too. Through them I learn it is okay to be imperfect. In fact, it's essential to the human experience. How cool is that?

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP