Full Circle Moment

I'm writing this blog post from the Lacey House, an extended care facility for women with addictions. Crazy thing is, I work here. A few short years ago I had a bed upstairs and very little hope in a future like this.

I started working here part-time last month. It was such a full circle moment to come here for my first shift. It felt surreal. I'm slowly getting comfortable but I still have a lot to learn. Being a recovering addict/alcoholic doesn't necessarily make you a good addiction worker. I know it will help though. Being here fills me with joy.

I also want to share, for those who still read this blog, I celebrated 3 years in recovery on St. Valentines's Day this year. How awesome is that? Very.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP